Skip to main content

Hello

Whenever creating a chart Ive been able to copy and paste the chart directly from online to PowerPoint without needing to export anything.

Now whenever I copy and paste a chart it shows up as a blank box.

Now I have to export the chart to put it into the file which is actually a lesser quality.

I have the integration in PowerPoint not sure what happened.

Hi John

Thanks for posting in the Community! Copying and pasting from external programs isn't formally supported and is the reason why you may be seeing this inconsistency. We recommend using our Powerpoint integration method to successfully import diagrams into Powerpoint. For more information please review this article that overviews the Microsoft Integrations.

Another option you can try to see if it improves the quality is to export the Lucidchart document as a .png file then insert that into the Powerpoint slide.

Apologies for any inconvenience -- let us know if you have any additional questions!

Good morning

I have exactly the same issue I cant seem to copy and paste my chart into MS Word this was working absolutely fine last week what has changed to cause this and how do I address this please?  Its now very inconvenient and questions ease of use from and end users perspective!

Many thanks

Sandy

Hi Sandy

Thanks for adding to this thread.

As explained by Addie above copying and pasting your Lucid diagram into a Word document is not formally supported. A change on Microsoft's end or on our end may have changed this experience.

Please make sure to use the Lucidchart add-on for Word to successfully import your diagrams into your Word document. For more information please review this article that overviews the Microsoft Integrations.

Thank you for your understanding!

Same as the above questions. Prior to this week I would always just highlight what I wanted in Lucid and copy pasta into PPT and it would render the image perfectly every time. Now it just drops a blank box. This was previously great and unfortunate we cannot use any more. The Lucid plug-in for PPT is not great.

Hi @seth.peterson thanks for your response. Apologies for the frustration here! We would be glad to take a look at any issues you're experiencing with the official PowerPoint add-on and also welcome any feedback about improvements you'd like to see in the future. 

I have the same issue I cannot copy to the Mac apps like keynote and pages either so it does not look like a Microsoft issue. This is very frustrating as I now have to export the diagrams and insert into the documents. The add-in is an option but most of my diagrams are stored in shared folders shared with my team and the add-in does not show me diagrams in the shared folders to insert into word.

Hi Dewalt 

Thank you for adding to this thread - we hear your frustration and do apologize for the inconvenience with this. Although it may be possible at times copy & paste directly from Lucidchart to an external program is not a formally supported feature.

The add-in supports uploading diagrams from shared folders but does not support uploading diagrams from team folders. If you are encountering issues with a shared folder please submit a support ticket so we can take a closer look. 

Just adding that the loss of this functionality is frustrating. I understand that it was never a formally supported feature; I guess we've just been benefitting from it working in the past. It would be great if it was formally supported.

The Microsoft Integration does not achieve the same outcome. It inserts the entire document; and in PowerPoint I can choose which tab to show. In LucidChart I often have multiple diagrams per tab while in PowerPoint I'm often showing just one diagram or part of a larger diagram. The intended usage between LucidChart and PowerPoint are completely different. Having that automatic link back to the original document is a fantastic feature; but isn't the use case the people in this thread seem to want. I want an easy to way to create an image of a diagram or part of a diagram so I can use it somewhere else. Right now I have to take screenshots to get what I want which is slow and tedious but still faster that trying to use the built in Export.

Hey - just want to add that I used this 10+ times a day previously so the loss of this functionality is a huge pain and real loss of usability of Lucid. Would love if this could be further supported - particularly as I push my organization to increased Lucid utilization. 

Hi everyone

Thank you all for being so patient and taking the time to let us know how important this feature is to you! We made sure to pass all of your valuable thoughts along to our dev team and we’ve just heard back that this issue has been successfully resolved 🎉

As a quick note: this functionality does depend on both Lucid and Microsoft to function. With that being said there is no guarantee that something may change in the future that is outside of our control preventing copy and paste from working.

Please continue to reach out in the Community to let us know how we can make Lucid the best is can be for you and your Team! Thanks again—firm handshakes 🤝

The copy/paste is working again for me. I am able to select all copy from Lucid and paste to Microsoft applications.

Very glad to see the functionality has been restored.

@addie h Thank you for helping to get this functionality restored!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! We always want to do the best we can to support you and your workflow. Please feel free to continue to use the Community to share your thoughts ideas and questions. Thanks!