Skip to main content

Slack integration not working

I have LucidChart app install and authorized for slack but the /lucidchart command does not appear to do anything.  Has anyone else experienced this?

It's working now - no issue

But how can you share a LucidChart diagram directly into a Slack channel if you already have it built?

I installed the app yesterday and it worked perfectly. However this morning the /lucidchart command doesn't work. I keep on getting the following response:

Darn – that slash command didn't work. Feel free to give it another go or you can manage the integration (and view who installed it) at Lucidchart

Hi Luis

More information on how to integrate with Slack and be found here.

Hi Sal

Could you send an email to support@lucidchart.com and include screenshots and JS errors so that we can take a closer look?

Hi Kristy

It's actually working now. I don't know if there was something wrong with the server or something during those days. But after 2 days I tried again and it worked all of a sudden. I just tried again right now and it's still working. I'll keep monitoring and get back to you if the problem comes back.

Thanx

My comment is similar to Luis F's above.  I initially created a chart a few months back with /lucidchart.  The original message has fallen off Slack history (well unaccessible because it's a free account) and I want to post a reminder link.  Do I have to unshare and reshare to Slack in order to show the link again or do I just find and copy the standard share link? It seems the link was specially designed so that they'd have read and write permissions already when they followed it.

Hi Joel

You should be able to use the /lucidchart command to share it again. You could also get an access link in Lucidchart by clicking "Share." You can set the permissions for this access link to read and write.

I was able to share a chart to slack but now I want to delete it.  The post is not giving me an option to delete the Lucidchart.  Thanks!

Susie

Thanks for posting.  Unfortunately this is part of the functionality of the slack integration.  Do you mind submitting a feature request to our feature request form?  We really appreciate feedback on our integrations and products.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.