Skip to main content

According to these questions, the Area Selection feature has been disabled: 

I consider this feature as core feature for Lucid Chart. In fact this was one of the features that convinced us to buy the licence for the product. It allows us to make live links to the charts and place those links in the documentation pages.

We will strongly consider moving to another tool, if this feature is not added back.

Is there any possibility that this feature will be turned back on? And when would that be?

Hey @ikaynov -- thanks for posting! Currently, we do not have a timeline for turning this feature back on but it is possible that it is. 

Please feel free to provide feedback on this feature as well as suggest new ideas here. All feedback and ideas are put in front of our Product Team for their consideration. 

For details on how feedback submissions are collected and considered, check out this community post!

Apologies for the disruptions this may cause in your workflow -- we will be sure to post updates in the Community when this feature is made available again!

I agree that this feature is integral to my use of Lucidchart.  It is how I share my designs with clients without having them comb through acres of notes and redesign.  Please advise on the best way to share selections of drawings.

I would also strongly suggest you update your resource documentation for ‘Publish or Embed a Lucid Document’ https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/16181914460692-Publish-or-embed-a-Lucid-document
It does not mention anywhere that you deprecated this feature and advises folks that they just need to click on ‘Area Selection’.

Hi @JohnGraf. Thank you so much for your feedback about our help center article—it has been updated!