Skip to main content

I have an org chart in a Google Sheets that captures the org levels… however one manager shows the layout not in the format chosen (vertical); the layout for this manager maps out horizontally.

Any suggestions for this to:

1. Force config according to the Layout Style chosen
  2. Ensure any refresh doesn’t revert back to this format, which would be a real headache

Hi @mohara viiz, thank you for posting in the community! The vertical layout style for org charts will only display the employee shapes in the lowest tier vertically, this may cause the manager to appear ‘horizontal’. 

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you are seeing to help us take a closer look at the position of the manager in question?

Please feel free to censor any sensitive information as this is a public forum 💡

Thank you for your help. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Here is what I am seeing - you will notice two managers have many reports.   One formats vertically while the other doesn’t…

Hi @mohara viiz, thank you for sharing the screenshot - this is exactly what I needed! ​​

Using your screenshot as an example, I can see that the employees circled in red are the direct reports of those who report to the manager in question. However, the employees circled in blue do not have direct reports. 

Unfortunately, this is expected behavior for the vertical layout style. Only employees at the lowest level will be shown in a vertical style. I’ve attached a GIF demonstrating this behaviour: 

That said, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If possible, could you please upvote the following idea post and share any additional details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience there? This will help to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request. Thank you!

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

We appreciate your willingness to provide your requests and feedback in the Lucid Community!

thanks very much for the info!    I would vote for a feature that had vertical for all reports… appreciated.

Thank you for upvoting the idea post, @mohara viiz!

If there are any other features you’d like to see in Lucid, please don’t hesitate to create an idea post and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions, we’re happy to help. Thank you!