Skip to main content

Dear community,

I am currently exploring, how we could best leverage the Group view or completely flexible use a “whiteboard function” together with employee shapes from a Lucidchart orgchart in this style:

Specifically, we are looking to use employee data incl. its data fields and thus its conditional formatting and being able to flexible move the shape around (outside an org chart structure) as we discuss the team set-up going forward. 

Is this possible? I tried creating a “group view” from the org chart but it seems like I cannot move the employee shapes from a group out of a group.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi @luciduser_1234, thanks for your post!

It is indeed currently not possible to move employees between different org chart groups, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439 

As an alternative, if you want to create shapes containing those data fields, that also adhere to conditional formatting, and can be moved around freely, I would recommend using data linking to add your data to non-org chart shapes instead. For more information, please take a look at the Data Linking article in our Help Center. Hope this helps!

HI @Eric R, thanks for sharing the article. This would be what we are looking for. Unfortunately, it seems like this is only available on the enterprise plan? I also checked the other data import options of Lucid incl. the “Data linking and conditional formatting” data template and this also only seems to be available on the enterprise plan.

So is there basically no way to use conditional formatting from external data import on my plan other than using the orgchart template?

Thanks in advance!

Indeed, if you want to import data independently of specific shape libraries, this can only be done via the Data Linking capability that is only available on Enterprise plans. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!