Skip to main content

I have a very large Lucidchart and today I am unable to load the chart in Chrome Version 94.0.4606.71.

I am not sure if this is because my Lucidchart is so large but I am able to edit it in Firefox.

When I open the Lucidchart in Chrome the page partially loads and I can see elements of the chart however I can't zoom in edit or see any details. The Chart is completely frozen and the browser looks to be loading. After a while I get a browser message saying the page is unresponsive. I have waited 5 plus minutes and it won't fully load in Chrome.

Is there a limit to how big a lucidchart can be? How do I fix this issue?

Thanks

Hi Ian thanks for posting! There is not a hard limit on how big a Lucidchart document can be although having many page tabs large canvases on each tab and a high number of shapes on each canvas all increase the time it takes time to load and update when changes are made.

However the fact that you are not seeing this issue in Chrome suggests that the issue is more browser-specific. A large document may use more browser memory. If you have many other Chrome tabs open or if you have plugins and extensions in Chrome that may be using up memory this might explain why you are not seeing the issue in Firefox. 

If the issue persists I recommend opening your document in a new Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions. Hope this helps!