Skip to main content

Is there any way to draw irregular shapes? I'm using Lucid Chart to map my garden plot though need to draw perimeter and buildings - currently this is a painstaking exercise to connect lots of individual lines - is there a way these could be connected?

Hi Daniel

Thanks for posting! Some additional information would be helpful here. What exactly are you trying to connect and which are the irregular shapes? You might be interested in our custom shapes

I use Lucid chart mainly for software design and it's great for this.  However for my garden design project I too am finding this painstakingly hard with Lucid chart.

I've done most of it with the flex polygon.  However smooth contours like a wavy garden border has proven to be really hard (impossible) with Lucid-Chart.

If this is simply a matter of knowing how to create custom shapes efficiently then perhaps someone at Lucid-Chart can come create a shapes template for gardens that include shapes with smooth wavy edges as everything I try end up being rather jagged.

At the moment I am putting up with the limitations of curves but if I need to do more I am resigned to learning how to use software dedicated to garden design. 

I have also read this article that shows how to plan a garden - note no contours;

https://www.lucidchart.com/blog/use-lucidchart-to-plan-your-spring-garden

Hi Garfield

Thanks for posting in the community. I'm not sure if we have exactly what you're looking for. However it may help to change your line types to "rounded" (see screenshot below). If you're still having trouble and would like to make suggestions please let us know through our Product Feedback page

pXBxeXRWJBFvMGYoMymqqg.png