Skip to main content

Let’s talk Data Linking! You can create powerful, data-driven visualizations by importing data sets from Google Sheets, Excel spreadsheets, and CSV files. 

But what about the updates you make to your data set? No worries! You can use the Refresh or Replace Dataset feature. Both of these options can be found by clickingmanage-data-icon-in-lucidchart.png the Manage Data icon located in the top-right corner of the Data panel in Lucidchart.

• 🔄 Refresh Dataset (Google Sheets only): By default, your spreadsheet will automatically sync to Lucidchart every 30 seconds. You can also pull updates manually by clicking Refresh Dataset. To adjust your refresh settings, you can select Manage Refresh to choose your desired refresh frequency.
  • ⤴️ Replace Dataset (all data sets): Updates to an Excel spreadsheet or CSV will not automatically be synced to Lucidchart, but you can easily replace your data set with an updated one to keep your diagram up to date by clicking Replace Dataset.

If you’re not on an Enterprise Plan, have no fear! You can import your data to create diagrams. If you make updates to your dataset, you can import the updated dataset and a new diagram will be created to reflect those changes.

Hi! 👋 Jumping in here because I think others who might come across this post may be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

To piggy-back on this post, we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If anyone interested in trying this out shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.