Question

MS Edge Install as app no longer works

Badge +1

Edge browser lets me “install as an app” website pages. I use this to organize my LucidChart documents (in Fences) on my desktop, shown here.

Now I can no longer do this. I can install only my Documents page, so I have to root around in it to find what I need.

I notice several changes to LucidChart over the past few months. Is the prevention of installing documents one of these changes? What would be the reasoning?

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Paul W102, thank you for posting in the community! Since the “Install as app” feature is directly related to your Edge browser - I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft for further information about this. 

As a workaround, it is possible to create folders in your My Documents page to help organise your documents. To do this, click the blue +New button and select ‘Folder’. Then you can move documents into the newly created folder to help organise and make it easier to locate any specific documents you need. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. 

Badge +1

Thanks Leianne. Must be a Microsoft issue. “Install as app” works fine with Google Chrome browser.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thanks for the update, @Paul W102! Glad to hear there is a workaround. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Cheers!