Skip to main content

I imported a google sheets file to lucidchart and linked the data to the same google sheets file. However when I make a change in the source file it is not updating in the lucidchart even if I click refresh. 

Can someone help me out with this please?

Hi Rohit

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! I’m sorry for the trouble you are having with data linking and am happy to help! Just to make sure that we are on the same page please review our data linking article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any questions about the intended functionality.

A couple of specific things are worth noting from this resource:

• If linking to a data set from Google Sheets and you make changes to the Google Sheet Lucidchart will automatically sync every 30 seconds but you can also force sync by clicking the refresh button above where the data is shown in Lucidchart.
  • If your data still does not refresh please try re-uploading your data using the replace data set Lucidchart.
  • If dragging data to a shape the data won’t automatically appear on the shape. The data that is tied to that particular shape will appear above where the data is shown on your right toolbar and you can decide which data you want to actually be displayed by clicking the “T”.

If none of these resources resolve the issue will you please submit a support ticket here with the following information?

• A screenshot of the issue.
  • A description of how you are attempting to use the data in Lucidchart.
  • The URL of the document so that I can take a look.
  • The data you are trying to link (Google Sheets Excel or CSV).

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for your help and patience!