Skip to main content
Solved

Lucid chart jira sync

• 13 August 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone,

I am looking to see if Lucid chart has a jira integration option where it’s possible to have a 2-way live sync between a shape and a jira ticket, I can see that this is supported by Lucid Spark, but I am not sure if it’s supported by Lucid chart or not.

any information is appreciated. Thank you 

Hi @AhmedM 

Please find the help article, which will give the insight to the best:

Integrate Lucid Cards with Jira – Lucid

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Thank you @Humas1985 for your reply,

I had already found this article and knew that this is supported by Lucid Spark, but my question if there is anyway to achieve the same behavior with Lucid chart. and it the feature is not natively available, maybe a workaround using conditional formatting or something else.

Thank you

Hi @AhmedM 

Lucidchart does not currently support a two-way live sync between shapes and Jira tickets, Conditional formatting does not support automatic updates based on external data changes, such as those in Jira. In other words, conditional formatting is used to illustrate data within the diagram itself, not to synchronize with external data sources like Jira.

Best Regards

Thank again for your quick reply @Humas1985 , is there another way to live sync data in lucid chart with external files? like a csv or txt?

@AhmedM

Esteem your interest in drilling down the problem statement to the best to perfectly ground,

Data linking in Lucidchart is not a solution for live syncing with Jira tickets.

Although Lucidchart excels at syncing external data from sources like CSV, Excel, or Google Sheets, it doesn't establish a direct connection to Jira's dynamic data, limiting its ability to facilitate real-time updates between Lucidchart and Jira.

To learn more about data linking - Link data to a Lucidchart document – Lucid

Best Regards