Skip to main content

Linking Image and PDF to Box in Org Chart

• 16 February 2018
  • 3 replies

I created an Org chart for my company and I would like to add a document and the employee's photo to each individual box. Ideally I would like to hover over the box and the employee's photo and job description would show. I also tried the layers but when explaining to others it became very confusing. Currently I have two hot spots on one box one for the employee's image and the other for their job description. This can be confusing for some people. I also tried adding the image as a comment but the link shows up instead. Or is it possible to add an image to a note? Is there a way to make it one hot spot with both items (the photo and the job description)? Or is there a way to link a photo and a document while simply hovering over the box with the employee's name? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out! I would recommend having one hotspot per box and have the action be to show both the image and job description. You can do this by adding both of these to the same layer and have the hotspot toggle the layer visibility.

Unfortunately you will still need to click on the hotspot to activate this as there is no way to activate it by hovering. I agree that this would be a great addition so I recommend you fill out our Feature Request form. This is the best way for our product team to hear your feedback on this.

I'm sorry I don't understand. Where do I add the image and the job description to toggle them? When I was adding them as hot spots I added them as external links. 

Sorry about the confusion. Here is a step by step that should help you with your desired request:

1. In the org chart deselect the photo of the employee role email etc. so that the boxes only shows the name of the employee

2. Create a new layer for each employee (name them as desired)

3. On the first new layer go to the tool bar above and click insert and insert a picture of the first employee (resize the image as desired and drag it over to the box containing that employee's name). Create a text box with the "role" and the title of the employee and place it inside the box with their name as desired. 

4. Select page one > right click on the box with the employees name > select "Add Hot Spot" > Click the gear icon in the top right corner > select "toggle layer" or "show layer" > select the layer that you want shown when the hot spot is clicked

5. Go to present in the top right and test try it out by clicking the box that you just created. 

Follow these steps for all the boxes for the employees. If this is not what you desire I recommend you fill out our Feature Request Form describing the feature you are requesting. Thanks for using Luicdchart!