Skip to main content

The current date format is US format starting with the month then the day and then the year. This is very confusing for non-US users. The international standard is year-month-day. I can not find a way to adjust this.

Hi @jo v thanks for posting in the Lucid community! It's possible to insert the date in the year-month-day format into a document by clicking 'Insert' and selecting one of the date options.

mlM6pBsskRtbJqPAmMbFWg.png

There unfortunately isn't currently an option to change the date format for your Lucid account however I can certainly see how this function would be useful for users. Would you mind adding your idea to our product feedback section of the community? Ideas submitted there are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you. Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks @leianne c for your quick response. I created a feature request form as suggested; Your suggestion of dates with documents is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking to have the date format changed as default so that dates in cards are shown in ISO format (day/month/year) and not like in below screenshot month/day/year.

Hi @jo v thanks for submitting a feature request! Just noticed that my suggestion was for Lucidchart but you are working with Lucidspark - my apologies! However thank you for sharing what you are looking for. Unforutnately I'm not aware of any workarounds to display the dates in cards in ISO format (day/month/year) but I can see how an option to change the default date format would be useful for users. 

Please don't hesitate to comment below or create another post if you have any additonal questions we are happy to help!

If anyone else would like to see this function being added I encourage you to submit a feature request via the form linked above. Thank you!

I too want this. Frankly, it is quite frustrating that with the amount of date formats you support, the one that is a standard according to ISO 8601, and also standard in Sweden, is not supported.

Hey @Klas Mellbourn -- thanks so much for posting and voicing your concerns! Would you care to post this great idea in the Product Feedback channel? This will ensure it gets in front of our Dev Team for their consideration! 

Thanks again for this great idea!