Skip to main content

Im trying to come up with a way to make multiple  organisational charts all with the same layout and job roles, the names under the job roles would be the only difference.

Is it possible to keep my current layout and then import data that just links names to under the job roles that i have in shapes?

So for example if i had all these roles in an excel then assigned names next to each one, could i import that so it just adds the names under the correct parts?

Thank you

Seeing as no one has replied, Smart containers i think are the best method for this but it doesnt let me set the layout as i would like is it not possible to populate normal shapes with info using the same means as the others but still able to move them around freely and make a layout, then able to just update the data set while still having the control to move around shapes freely

I would greatly appreciate a reply from someone on the team, maybe what im looking to do is possible and if it is you will have a new customer for a while

Thank you

Again with still no replies im left frustrated, i think the answer i need can be purchased with upgrading my account plan but even with that im not sure if someone could get back to me and give me a little bit of info on that so i can make an informed decision on whether this product is worth it, disappointing to see these features displayed in Lucid tutorials online but features locked away behind a paywall

HI @jdonaghy, thanks for posting in the community! We are happy to assist you and answer your questions and you can typically expect a response from a peer user or our team within about 24 hours. Based on what you described above, here are a few resources on the features we offer that you may find helpful:

• Smart containers do have data capabilities, and you can read more and get step by step directions in this help center article - I specifically linked the section that describes the ability to update a data set. If you have more questions on the capabilities of smart containers, let me know.
  • It is possible to link data to shapes. Once you have imported a data set to a Lucidchart document, you can assign data to objects, groups of objects, or to your document as a whole. Please note that this feature is only available with an enterprise subscription. For more information on data linking, please review this help center article.
  • It sounds like, based on your second response, that an org chart is not what you are planning to use. We do have this article, for your reference, which outlines how you’d upload data for an org chart, but it would create an org chart from the data and wouldn’t be able to edit shapes you currently have.

If this doesn’t meet your needs or use case, we’d love to hear your feedback in the product feedback section of the community. We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: