Skip to main content

Our organization just started using Lucid on the enterprise plan, and it appears that Groups has been split into “Organizational groups” and “Groups (Sharing)”.

We want to create groups to easily share documents with, and which leads me to believe that “Group (Sharing)” is what we want to go with.

What role is required to manage “Groups (Sharing)”?
Is there a way to set up a group owner/manager like there appears to be for “Organiznational groups”?
Is there any SCIM support for sharing groups?

Any other general guidance on creating/managing “Groups (Sharing)”?

Hi @afitzgerald

Thanks for your post! The roles required to create Organizational groups are Account Owner or a Team Admin. Once the Organizational group has been created, the Account Owner or a Team Admin can assign one or more Organizational Group Admins. This role allows to manage an organizational group and its members including license requests.

It’s worth noting that the Organizational Group Admin can access and manage the users assigned to their group only. To learn more about the new organizational groups experience, please check out the Lucid admin panel: Group management article from the Lucid Help Center. 

Regarding your question about SCIM: We are still working to implement the necessary changes to allow SCIM to provision organizational groups. You can find more details about this in this Community post

Let us know if you have any additional questions after reviewing those resources! 

Hi @afitzgerald

Thanks for your post! The roles required to create Organizational groups are Account Owner or a Team Admin. Once the Organizational group has been created, the Account Owner or a Team Admin can assign one or more Organizational Group Admins. This role allows to manage an organizational group and its members including license requests.

It’s worth noting that the Organizational Group Admin can access and manage the users assigned to their group only. To learn more about the new organizational groups experience, please check out the Lucid admin panel: Group management article from the Lucid Help Center. 

Regarding your question about SCIM: We are still working to implement the necessary changes to allow SCIM to provision organizational groups. You can find more details about this in this Community post

Let us know if you have any additional questions after reviewing those resources! 

@Flavia D The question was about “Groups (Sharing)”, not Organizational groups.

Hi @afitzgerald

Thanks for following up! My bad– I should’ve been clearer. “Groups (Sharing)” follows the same logic of Organizational groups:

• The roles required to create and manage sharing groups are Account Owner or a Team Admin. 
  • SCIM support to “Groups (Sharing)” also depends on the changes we’re working on that will allow us to fully implement SCIM for Organizational groups. 

If you take a look at the resources I shared​ in my previous response, specifically the Groups (sharing) section of our Lucid admin panel: Group management article, it will walk you through the specifics of the Groups (Sharing).

I hope this helps clarify things. If you still have any questions, please follow up below!