Product update

đź“Ł Updated mind map experience in Lucidchart!

• 9 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi! I’m Shanna from the Lucid help center team! I’m here to tell you about the updated mind map experience in Lucidchart, which now matches the awesome functionality we offer in Lucidspark (check out that community post here). 

Use this functionality to conceptualize and build on a main theme. For example, the screenshot below shows a mind map in which ideas for effectively managing time are being explored by breaking it down in an organized way.

To begin building your own mind map, open a Lucidchart document and follow step-by-step instructions in our Create a mind map in Lucid article in the help center.

Share in the comments below how you are leveraging the mind map functionality for your work. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Comments

Badge

Can you make the old (unintelligent) mind map shapes available again? I can’t find old mind map shapes on blank document. 

I ended up have to make a copy of the old mind map file before I can use the old mind map shape.  You don’t have to take away the old mind map shapes. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Michael! While we recommend taking advantage of the new and improved mind maps experience, we value your feedback and appreciate you reaching out to us. Would you mind posting in the Product feedback section of the Community to share your thoughts?

As you mentioned, the old mind map experience is still available in documents it was previously used on. To facilitate your experience in accessing the old mind map shape library when creating new documents, I would recommend creating a custom template from a document on which you still have it enabled. For instructions and more information, please check out our Template article from the Lucid help center. I hope this helps!

Badge

@Shanna H, for those of us who don’t have any existing docs using the old mind map shape library to make copies of, can you kindly make one available we can copy?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Jeff Madison, thanks for reaching out in the community! I’m a PM here at Lucidchart and would love to hear more about the gap you’re feeling between the old and new mind map experiences — what is it that you miss from old mind maps? We’d love to get our new shape up to your use case.

For now, you can access old mind maps via the following process:

1. Go to your docs list: https://lucid.app/documents#/documents?folder_id=recent
  2. Click on the +New button in the upper left, and hover over Lucidchart to select “from template”
  3. Search for a template called “simple mind map,” and create your document with that template. 
Badge

Awesome, that works. Thanks, @Chloe. Let me play around with both for a bit and report back. (reminder set :-)