Skip to main content
Solved

Set Lucidchart diagram to A3 size

• 22 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have created a drawing on a page with an infinite canvas but want to drop this into a pre-made A3 template that we have. Is there a way to just scale a layer rather than all of the contents on the page?

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Matt! Thanks for commenting in our Community! I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're trying to accomplish but I hope this helps. When exporting a document you will have the option to select a "Custom" crop. You could then include the part of the document that you would like to then use in your template. To do this you select File > Export > (Select file type) > Custom Crop.

Hope this helps! If I've misunderstood please clarify and I'm happy to help out. 

Hi not quite - i have a drawing made within lucid chart but this has been created on an infitie canvas and is larger than A3. We have a company template within lucid chart that is at A3 and i wanted to scale my drawing i had made on the infinte canvas into this other page at A3 with the template included. At the moment when i scale contents on the page it scales everything including the template background. 

I tired saving out as a JPG or PNG and re-importing to the A3 template which worked but wasn't sure if there was a way to scale just a layer in the document rather than the whole document

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Matt! Thanks for that clarification! Have you tried adjusting the Page Settings? Let's try navigating to the Page Settings turning off Infinite Canvas Selecting the A3 Page Size and then selecting "Fit to page".

I am hopeful this will help resolve the drawing being cut off. Let me know how it goes!