Skip to main content

Hi if I do changes in the spreadsheet of a embedded google sheet/doc the refresh of the thumbnail is not working right. It works for the first refresh but when I am doing additional changes I have to wait a long time until the refresh button works again. In summary if you use the refresh button repeatedly in a short time it does not update the thumbnail or not correctly. You have to wait some time until you can use the refresh button (up to ten minutes or longer) so that the changes actually show on the thumbnail. This is kinda annoying and I'm wondering if there is a way to do this better. Additionally if I am turning to a second page (which need so long to generate at first) then the changes will appear correctly. But it is disappointing that I can not just use the refresh button to show the changes in the thumbnail and it is disappointing that the second page (or further pages) take so long to load the first time and every time after a refresh. Is the connection to the sheet/doc just not good/strong enough? I just used an embedded link is there another better way?

Hi Lara Thanks for posting in the Lucidspark Community! The thumbnails of Lucidchart documents or Lucidspark boards on the lucid.app document list can be a few minutes out of sync as they do not get constantly refreshed. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If this does not address the issue could you follow up with a screenshot that shows the issue you are experiencing? 

Hi,

Is there a function to have the synched G-Sheet auto refresh on the Lucid charts so that we do not have to manually click refresh dataset

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for continuing this thread!

Unfortunately, auto-syncing updates made in Lucidchart to your Google Sheets is not a feature available to team, individual, or free accounts.

However, if you are on an Enterprise account, you can use data linking to auto-update your Google Sheet document with any updates made in Lucidchart using data linking. If your dataset comes from a Google Sheet, updates to your spreadsheet will automatically sync to Lucidchart every 30 seconds. For more information on data linking, please review our 'Link Data to Lucidchart' help center article.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to comment any further questions or concerns below.