Skip to main content

Hi

I am using the product for org charts in  a university. the Faculty charts are large and to be readable need to be used by expanding different supervisor/departments as required. Is it possible to publish an org chart online and retain the expand feature or can this only be done within Lucidchart? Our main need is to be able to publish the org charts on our web site but they also need to be readable.   

Hi Jean 

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Unfortunately our HTML embedding functionality does not allow to expand and collapse branches in org charts – this is only available within the Lucidchart editor. To learn more about the functionalities available in embedded documents please take a look at our Publish Your Document article. 

While what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart I can see how this could be useful to other users. We are always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. 

For those interested in learning more about org charts and how to collapse/expand branches I would recommend reviewing our Org Charts article

Hi. Has there been any development on this functionality? It's really very limiting if we cannot publish our Org Charts with the possibility of expanding them as they are too extensive otherwise. 

Hey Jean 

Thank you for keeping this conversation going! Unfortunately this is still not an option in Lucidchart however we would love to have your voice be heard! If you haven't already would you please fill out our feature request form with as much detail as you would like. Feel free to use the link to this community post as a reference to the dev team. 

Looking forward to see your ideas in Lucidchart! Let me know if you have any other questions--Cheers!