Skip to main content

How to use the Select Box UI shape?

I inserted one in a diagram but it is always pulled down showing all option items. How can I present it collapsed?

Hi Regis

Thanks for posting! It is currently not an option to present them closed unless you use layers. Could you submitting this request in our feature request form?

I'd also like this capability any chance it's available now 4+ years later?

Hi John

Thanks for following up on this community post! This feature request has not yet been implemented. To add your voice to the conversation I recommend filling out the feature request form Kristy linked above. All requests submitted to the form are passed on to the development team for their consideration.

How about now 5 years later?

Seriously - Lucid needs to consume all the basic UI concepts (like 'collapse all' - applies to the display of stencil sets too) and the keyboard accessibility of the industry-wide defacto standard Visio and then differentiate by adding new and cool features on top.

Quite a few basic things still can't be done 3 4 or 5 years later on (like no shortcut keystroke to 'zoom to page' - this is so so basic).

Thanks all.

Hi Eric

Thanks for letting us hear your voice on this community post! Unfortunately this feature request has not yet been implemented. Echoing what Abby has said I recommend filling out the feature request form Kristy linked above. All requests submitted to the form are passed on to the development team for their consideration.

Thank you for your ideas and constructive criticism. We are always actively trying to improve and hearing from our users like all of you here is the best way for us to do that. Thanks again to all--Cheers!

This is pretty ridiculous. It's such a basic function. What's the problem? 

Hi Tim

Thanks for keeping this conversation going! Unfortunately this feature request has not yet been implemented. I still strongly recommend filling out the feature request form Kristy linked above. We want to see your ideas in Lucidchart and this is the best way to communicate that with our dev team. 

Again we are always actively trying to improve and hearing from our users is the best way for us to do that. Thanks again Tim--Cheers!