Skip to main content

As far as I can tell so far (new to LP) - arrows are sticky to object's side edges.

I want to place an arrow's starting point (or end point for all it matters) in a random place over an object (in my case - a design PNG file). Example: Starting From a CTA button in the middle of the screen.

In Miro for example detaching an arrow can be done using the CMD key while moving the arrow edge.

I could not find a way to achieve that. Is that doable?
I assume it isn't doable hence the "feature request" I think it's super basic and should also be easy to solve. If in fact it's NOT possible please solve it ASAP because it's a blocker for a UI/UX person which his using Lucid Park.

Hey there thank you for posting in the Lucid community! Our sincere apologies for the delayed response on this thread - I wanted to follow up in case this answer may still be useful to you and to provide a solution for other users who see this thread in the future.

Unfortunately while manually positioning the endpoint of a line is possible disabling the snapping behavior is not currently supported in Lucidspark. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. I've gone ahead and submitted your idea to our product team on your behalf and it will be taken into consideration when prioritizing improvements to the product.

For anyone else with a similar request: please submit your feedback using this feature request form in order to voice additional support to our development team. We would also love to hear additional detail about your use case or see an example of what you're hoping to achieve in the thread below. Additionally if you've discovered a workaround to achieve something similar in the meantime we'd love to hear about it! Thanks for your request!