Skip to main content

Hi

I added a Note to a shape and currently that note is hanging off to the right of the shape. I would like to move the Note such that it is closer to the shape and covering other shapes/texts/lines. Is there a way to do this? I want others to clearly see which note is associated with which shape.

Thanks

Thanks for reaching out in the community. To leave a note on a shape right click the shape > select add note> type in your note. When select anything other then the comment then the comment should appear like this:

You can see that the comment is associated with this shape because it is located in the top right corner of the shape. When you click on the comment icon on the top right corner of the shape it should appear like this:

Currently there is no way of moving that notes icon/notes text box. If you are requesting to change this feature then please feel free to add your idea to our feature request form. Thanks for using Lucidchart!

One little trick that I've found is that if you create a small transparent shape you can put that exactly where you want the note to appear. You won't see the shape unless it's selected but it is still there and allows you to re-position the notes.

Just tried the transparent note - works like a charm!

Hi Chris thanks for continuing this thread! Glad to hear that Cody's tip was helpful for you. Feel free to add onto this conversation with any questions you have in the future!