Skip to main content

I have a chart with 75 shapes.  There are 3 different sizes.  I would like to select multiple sizes and size them  the same.

I have tried the "shape options" tool box to match shape sizes manually.  It doesn't work right.  And even displays a size change w/o there being a visual change in the shape.

I have also tried Arrange>Match Shape - again - no changes to my shapes.  My shapes are "unlocked" - not even sure what that means. 

Is it related to the shape I am using? It looks like a plain rectangle to me. 

Hi Michael

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are experiencing trouble with this. I recommend following these steps:

1. Select all of your objects.

2. Right click on the shape you want your shapes to match > Match size > Both Width and Height

3. Your objects should resize accordingly.

Although this is an old assist it worked and I am glad it was still available to read. What a relief!

Hi Mimi thanks for posting. I'm so glad to hear this was helpful to you!

If anyone else would like more information on working with shapes I recommend checking out this article from our Help Center: Add and customize shapes in Lucidchart

When I use the tool to match size how does Lucid Chart know which shape is the one to be resized and which one is the size I want to match?

Hi Michael

After you have selected the relevant shapes whichever shape you right click on will be the one that the other shapes are matched to. Hope this helps!

This helps a lot. Thanks!