Skip to main content

Hi

I have a complex document that I need to create a different view of in another tab. Is is possible to copy boxes from one tab to another and link them so that changes in one tab are automatically synced to the other tab?

Hi Jeremy

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Linking two diagrams within a Lucidchart document is not possible however it sounds like what may be useful for you is Layering. Layers would allow you to toggle on and off the information that you would like to see within the diagram without the need for more pages. In this way you could keep the same diagram and update the information within different layers that you could then toggle between being visible and invisible to the viewer. 

Hope this helps--if not feel free to share more information about your question or reach out to us at support@lucidchart.com so we can take a closer look. Cheers!

Hi Phillip

Thanks for the response. Layering won't help because the two tabs show completely different views of the objects. In one tab they are arranged to show the servers that processes live on and in the other they are arranged to show the processes as related to functionality.

Hey Jeremy 

That sounds like a great suggestion and we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart--Your feedback is the best way for us to do that! Would you mind adding your idea to our Product Feedback space? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Look forward to hearing from you--feel free to include other things you would like to see in Lucidchart within that form. Cheers!

Came to add my vote to this. The use case is for visualising work items in different ways. I want to use a common object to represent an item of work and then show that on one page in a delivery stage funnel and on another on a more roadmap-like view. Linked properties like text and colour would be replicated automatically. Unlinked properties like position and connections to other objects would be maintained separately. It should be possible to choose which properties are linked or not.

Hey @simon.turvey -- thanks for posting! I would recommend posting in our Product Feedback channel as this is the best way to get your amazing ideas in front of our Dev Team for their consideration. 

Thanks again for posting -- we look forward to seeing your amazing ideas in Lucid!

Hi all, I wanted to jump in to recommend our Master Page functionality. While not a perfect fit for what you’re describing, this will allow you to add elements to a single page, then apply this page to others in your document. Doing so will carry over any changes made on the Master Page to any page it’s applied to. Learn more here!