Solved

How do I create a unique link for a Lucidchart Shape so I can link from MS Word to a specific section of the Lucid Chart Page?

• 11 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to create a unique link for an MS Word document that on click will open the Lucidchart page, with a specific image in focus. 

I am able to do this in MIRO, but haven’t figured out how to do it in Lucid Chart, so any advice would be great!

icon

Best answer by Leianne C 12 June 2024, 10:54

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @horakt, thank you for posting in the community! While it’s not currently possible to link directly to a specific shape in a document, you can use one of the two options of our share functionality:

Option 1: “Link to current view”  - this will create a shareable link which will display the same view you have on the canvas when opened.

Option 2: “Link to current selection” - this will create a link which will lead users to the objects you have selected on the canvas. You will need to first select the specific shape you want to link to from MS Word for this to work. 

For more information on how to create this shareable link, I recommend checking out this ‘Share with collaborators in Lucid’ article from the Lucid Help Center. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions :) 

Badge +1

This is perfect, thank you @Leianne C !