Skip to main content

The option to add employee fields and edit existing ones is no longer available. I’ve used this option many times in the past but it isn’t showing up any longer.

Hi @SageNW 

Looks this is all about the permissions, by chance any recent permission changes made ?

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Nope no changes. My profile is account owner and this was a file that I created.

Thanks @SageNW  for confirming,

This is strange and needs to be validated from an individual account standpoint from the backend - which can be performed by the tech team and will be differing it to them.

Hopefully they will be able to help you on this - @Amelia W / @Micah 

Warm Regards.

Thanks for getting the conversation going @Humas1985!

@SageNW Can you please share a document support PIN for the document in question? This will allow me to take a closer look at what’s happening. This is for internal use only and doesn’t allow public access to your document, so you can share directly in this thread. Thank you! 

7WcJgh8hnxJu

@SageNW Thanks! What you’re seeing in your org chart is simply Lucidchart’s updated UI. The “add employee” button is no longer the red + sign on each side of the employee tile - now, you’ll hover your mouse over one of the small blue dots on each side of the employee tile. The dot will expand when you hover, at which point you can click it to create another employee shape. I’ve demonstrated this with an example org chart in the GIF below:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Thanks the updated UI helped me figure it out. I was able to add new employees it was adding custom “Employee Fields”. It pops up there on the column on the right. Before you were able to edit them there when you selected the employee. Now you need to select the Org Chart as a whole to do that.

If you select the employee in the tree those options don’t come up now. 

You’re exactly right, @SageNW, thanks for following up and taking the time to detail that for others!