Skip to main content
Solved

Controlling Layer Visibility

• 20 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi

I have multiple layers of objects that are "stacked" on top of each other.   Just as in shape Arrange control you can "send to back" or "send to front" that only work within a given layer.

WHEN I have multiple objects in multiple layers

AND all layers are toggled to be shown

THEN I want to control by "layer" which is on top

See below.

Thanks

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Thanks for your post. You can rearrange your layers by switching the order in the Layers panel on the right hand side of your editor. All you need to do is relocate the layers in this ordering and it will alter your display.

Remy

I work with a large number of layers in my dwgs. Drag-n-drop altho nifty from a UI perspective can be error prone when "dropping" among a long list of layers. And D-n-D becomes even more error prone when the intended destination of my layer is not in view of the current window of layers: I have to drop scroll down DnD again scroll down... until my target position is in view in the window & "Drop" for the final time). This is both error prone and frankly annoying. :(

Can the workflow for reordering of layers be improved? Please!

I am happy to speak live w/PLM to share some ideas if that helps. 

Thank you.

Hi Livius

Thanks for your input; I'm sorry that this is frustrating for you. We're always looking to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is very valuable for that. The best way for our product team to hear your feedback on this would be to submit your specific ideas in our Product Feedback space!

HI I am trying to display a multilayer (lets say with 5 layers) infrastructure diagram differently depending on the space where it is displayed. For example (layer 1 3 5) in page 1 layer 12 4 in page 2 and so forth.  Can I toggle the display of the SAME diagram in different Confluence pages without having to create multiple instances of the same diagram ?