Skip to main content

Hi All -

There are some basic things I want to do with my org chart (66 people) but am struggling to figure out how.

First I want to be able to see the data set by departments. But I cannot figure out where to put the department information for the employees. That field is never available no matter what configuration I look at (Employee field are: Name Title Reporting to Total Reports Tier)

Second is there a way to have 1 master org chart and then the ability to have other pages that link to the data on the master org chart? For example one page has 66 employees but another page would only show the VP levels. I am looking for a way to showcase the org chart by level / department / team (currently I have a Teams version not premium).

Finally exporting an org chart this size is not visually pleasing. I have also embedded the file on our website but you have to scroll and scroll. Does anyone have a better way to do this?

Thanks kindly!

Hi Lynze!

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucidchart Community! Our article on Org Charts might be very helpful to review as you create your org chart. If you would like to organize the data by departments add a field to the data spreadsheet before importing. It might look something like this. 

As far as organizing the chart by level/ department / team I would recommend creating a separate spreadsheet to import  on additional pages of the document. This way you can organize what information you want to display on smaller org charts. 

Exporting large org charts can take sometimes take adjusting or re-sizing. You can export your org chart to a PDF in its entirety which might work better online. 

I hope this is helpful. If I've misunderstood please let me know and I would be happy to help. 

For more information you can check out our articles on Org Charts and Export/Download Your Lucidchart Documents from our Help Center!