Skip to main content
Solved

Why Am I Being Asked To Upgrade For Something I Already Had?

• 20 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I have been a paying member of Lucid for years.  Great Product.  Reasonable Price.  I have a handful of mindmaps that I have not used in a long time.  And now I am being asked to upgrade to use them?

Not sure what is going on.  I see LucidSpark which I tried years ago and I was not impressed.

What is happening?

Thanks!!

Paul

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @PEM, thank you for posting in the community!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the upgrade message you saw when trying to access your mindmaps documents? This will help us take a closer look at the issue. Thank you! 

Badge +1

Badge +1

Thanks Leianne C,

Originally, MindMaps were not part of LucidSpark.  I did not sign up for that because it was not an inspiring product.  So I guess LucidCharts moved MindMaps to LucidSpark so there would be a reason to charge more?

Best regards,

Paul

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @PEM, thank you for sharing the screenshot! It looks like you might be trying to use a Lucidspark mind maps template - is this correct? If so, the message you received is expected if you do not have a Lucidspark subscription.

That said, the mind maps feature is still available in Lucidchart. You can add mind maps to your Lucidchart document by following these steps:

1. Click More shapes at the bottom of the Shape menu.
  2. The Shape menu is located on the left side of a document.
  3. You can also press the “M” key on your keyboard.
  4. Check the box for “Mind Maps”.
  5. Click Use selected shapes.
  6. Drag the mind map shape from the Shape menu onto the canvas.

This Create a mind map in Lucid article from the Lucid Help Center has more information about this feature. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if this is not the case for you, or if you have any questions. 

Badge +1

Thanks very much for your help, Leianne!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Glad to hear that helped, @PEM! Please feel free to create new community topics if there is anything you’d like to discuss or ask -- we love hearing from everyone 😄