Skip to main content

I integrated or imported Lucid Chart into Chalk (byproduct of Confluence). My goal was to allow users to view diagram BUT NOT EDIT IT. I used Lucid Chart versus using Visio so that I could a) integrate into Confluence (Chalk) and b) so users could click on objects that I linked to other sources (url/pages/documents). Again, but I do not want users who have license to LucidChart (which are many in my organization) to be able to ‘edit the diagrams’. How do I lock it so this doesn’t happen?

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community. For users with Lucid licenses, permission to Lucid documents inserted in Confluence using the Lucidchart diagram connector are inherited from the Confluence page in question. Meaning if users have edit access to a Confluence page with inserted Lucidchart documents, they would also be granted edit permissions to the Lucidchart document. I’ve linked our documentation on the integration here which shares some additional details. 

If you’re wanting to restrict edit access to Lucid documents inserted in Confluence, we’d recommend granting edit permissions to the Confluence page only to users who you also want to be able to edit the inserted Lucidchart documents. 

I read your documentation and am aware of the inherent permissions on Confluence. However, the user whom I had test my Confluence page ONLY HAD VIEW restrictions/permissions, and yet the tab to jump into LucidChart was visible. I could not say with certainty that my user/tester could actually edit in LucidChart because they did not have a license. I will need to find someone who has the LucidChart license in my organization to fully test it. 

Also, even though I elected to embed Creator and a date stamp so that it reflected last edit date, in LucidChart it worked but did not work in Confluence. 

Thanks for following up. Please let us know if in your testing you’re seeing anything unexpected in terms of permissions/access. 

Can you share more detail regarding the creator and date values not working in Confluence? Are they not rendering in the document? 

Regarding the creator/date rendering. So my hope was that the LucidChart diagram would reflect ‘latest update’ and Creator. I assumed the diagram that I integrated into Confluence would reflect this data (latest update). However, while if I make a change on the diagram in LucidChart it will reflect latest date/time updated, on the rendered diagram in Confluence, that information doesn’t update. What is MOST WEIRD BEHAVIOR, is that our Confluence Admin was able to change the Creator name in Lucidchart and IT TOO rendered this update in Confluence. But the date/time did not.

Confluence page

LucidChart 

Thanks for following up. To confirm, do you have auto-update enabled for the inserted diagram’s macro settings? I’ve linked our documentation on this here