Skip to main content

Hi all,

I can’t find this answer anywhere. We utilize SCIM depro to deactivate and delicense a user. If a user has access to other users’ docs, and we depro them via SCIM, will the user retain those shared accesses? If we need to reactivate that user, will they instantly get access back to those other docs they were shared on? Thanks!

Hello, 

Thank you for posting! Great question.

The transfer process only transfers documents created by the user, and does not include shared documents as those are owned by other users. Those shared documents will be retained under the users original account. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks @Mj Z . Apologies if I was unclear, however that is not relevant to my question. What I am asking is — If User 2 shares documents with User 1, and we deactivate User 1, will their account still retain the shared access to User 2’s documents? Say, if we reactivate User 1, will they resume access to those User 2 docs shared with User 1? Or would User 1 need to request access to User 2’s docs again? Thanks!

Hello, 

Apologies and happy to clarify.

If user 1's account is deactivated, they will retain access to documents shared to them by User 2 as well as other documents shared by other users. Upon reactivating their original account, User 1 can resume accessing the documents shared to them by User 2.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.