Skip to main content

I administer an Enterprise license account.  There are a few users who have full license with create / edit privileges.  They no longer need this level of access and requested View Only licenses.  They have created these documents under the Enterprise license.  If I change their license to Limited-access, will they still be able to view these documents and share them?  I saw the article about Limited-access user capabilities and it states “Own documents they owned prior to joining the Enterprise account”.  I’m asking my question because these documents were created under the Enterprise account.  They will still need the ability to view, download and share.  Just wanted to make sure before I change their licenses to Limited-access that they don’t lose access to their documents.

Hi Susan,

When you remove these user’s licenses, you will be asked to transfer their documents to another user or delete them. Limited Access users can view and download docs, but these documents will need to be re-shared with them if they are transferred during the license removal process. Hope this helps!

Thanks, that confirmed what I thought.