Skip to main content

I can't figure out how to change the name of an assignee on a timeline once it is set. I can create new assignees but I'd rather not have to do that every time I want to alter the name of one of my workstreams.

Hi Samip thanks for posting in the Lucid community!

The assignee property is not set or determined by the timeline itself; rather it is populated by the assignees that you create in the tasks within your timeline. For example in my screenshot below the assignee "Team Alpha" exists because I have entered that in my task's Assignee field.

2xR_VoO1S8MCiCTSw9cRdw.png

I also recommend taking a look at this community post about working with a Gantt chart (a type of timeline) in Lucidspark for an example of this in action. 

Unfortunately directly editing the assignee name and populating it to all other tasks corresponding to that assignee is not currently supported in Lucidspark. However I certainly understand how this could be an improvement to your workflow. If you're willing our development team would love to hear more about your use case via this Product Feedback section. They use the context and feedback in these submissions when prioritizing improvements to Lucidspark. Thanks for your request and apologies for any inconvenience! Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

It does not work. I am a PM and the timeline is very limited in terms of editing the size of rows edit "assignee" already set etc. 

Hi Felipe thanks for continuing this thread!

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucid and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind detailing your use case in our product feedback space? The top upvoted ideas are shared are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

I’ve got ‘fictional’ names in my timeline, which I presume come as an example for task creation. But how do I remove them? There are no tasks in my visible timeline, or do I need to extend my timeline out by months to find them?

Edit: Nope, I went back 3 years and forward 3 years. I have no tasks for ‘Kimberly Johnson’ or ‘Jake Ryan’…..but they still appear if I try and group by assignee !

This timeline is buggy as anything. What with the above and also entering descriptions in the task creation box nearly always disappear, meaning you have to go back in and type them about 3 times over. Does anyone actually test anything before releasing it?

Also, it’s not really for any form of ‘real life’ purpose as it stands, even if it worked right, it’s just far too limited.

Hi @AEVANS45, did you use a template that had that timeline existing in it? If so, there may be an issue with that specific template that is causing the timeline to not work properly. Please let us know which template it is so we can get this rectified for you.

You can try creating your timeline from scratch by following this video

If you are already creating your timeline from scratch, we would want to connect you with our support team so they can evaluate what may be causing the issue.