Skip to main content

I am trying to adjust spacing between boxes in my org chart in Lucidchart but the whole chart moves when I attempt to move an individual box. 

Hi Nava

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! You can adjust the layout and vertical/horizontal spacing of your org chart by double-clicking on your org chart and then clicking the "Layout Style" option on the right data panel.

Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions or concerns!

I did adjust that but it did not work. Any other tips? It seems to be set in its ways and I can't move individual boxes. 

Hi Nava

Sorry that didn't work for you! Unfortunately there are only a few Org Chart layout options currently in Lucidchart and spacing in those layouts is fairly set. Aside from the horizontal and vertical spacing that affects the chart as a whole spacing individual boxes in an Org Chart is not a feature Lucidchart currently supports. Instead dragging/moving a shape in the chart will cause the shape to move as if you are trying to change who the person in that shape reports to and adjust the chart accordingly. 

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience posted in the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own.

For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.