Skip to main content
Any templates out there for residential electrical wiring? Ie lights switches receptacles that can show where hot line load neutral ground wires are run to from and where they are nutted together??

Hi @tony b101 thanks for posting in the community! If you'd like to browse the different types of templates that are available please take a look at our Lucidchart Template Gallery and Lucidspark Template Gallery. You can also create your own templates! If there is a template style you are looking for that we don’t offer you can promote the idea to our development team here.

I also recommend taking a look at our How to create a Circuit Diagram article Circuit Diagram Maker article and Circuit Diagram Symbols article for some information on creating Circuit diagrams in Lucid. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I hope this helps!

I have the same question.  The floorplan templates in Lucid are woefully incomplete.  I’m hoping that there is a template out there that has standard architectural symbols for electrical devices (e.g., receptacles, switches, lighting, etc.,)  and wiring  This is completely different that the electrical circuit diagram templates that Leianne referenced.  I think I’ll have to import from Visio, but this is a really basic requirement for any tool that generates floor plans.

Thanks for following up @courtneys

We do have the “Circuit Diagram” shape library that contains some of the shapes you mentioned: 

If there are still shapes missing that you would like to see in Lucidchart, you can post this in the Lucid Community as an “idea”. These ideas will be shared with our product development team for consideration. Before sharing your idea, please explore the Product Feedback section to find existing suggestions. Upvote or comment to voice your support, as all feedback is channeled through our community.
For details on how feedback submissions are collected and considered, check out this community post.

You can also add custom shapes to Lucid, as described here in the Shape Libraries Help Center article. Hope this helps!

Thanks for responding.  However, none of the shapes anyone would need for an architectural electrical floor plan are in Circuit Diagram library.  This library is for Circuit Boards like in your phone or computer or any other electronic device.  

I have attached a picture on a very basic electrical plan with a legend of the sort of symbols that are needed.  I will post this on the product feedback page as well.