Skip to main content

I have created a "zap" integration (Zapier) that updated a LucidChart dataset whenever a Smartsheet sheet row is created or update.  However that does not refresh the Smart Container to do that you have to manually use the data refresh. Is there a way to automate that step also so anytime a user goes into LucidChart they see the latest data?

Thanks Trevor

Hi Trevor

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart community! Google Sheets are the only automatically refreshing datasets that currently link to Lucidchart diagrams. For more information about data linking and automatic refresh I suggest taking a look at the Data Linking article in the Lucid Help Center. Though likely not ideal it may be worthwhile to transfer data to Google Sheets if automatic refresh is a requirement for this diagram. If you'd like to see this feature implemented into Lucidchart we'd appreciate it if you'd add a request for it to our Product Feedback space. Our development team utilizes suggestions here while creating and prioritizing new features. Thanks in advance for your request and my apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi @chase v

I'm looking to automatically update smart containers from Google sheets but it too still requires a manual refresh. Unfortunately having the dataset set to auto update every 30 seconds still does not update the smart container. Is there a way around this?

Hi Kevin

Thanks for posting in the community! It's required to click the "Refresh Dataset" button to update the Google Sheet data rendered for your Smart Containers.

Likewise if dragging data to your smart container rather than creating a smart container directly from your dataset (seen below) the data won’t automatically appear on the shape. The data that is tied to that particular shape will appear above where the data is shown on your right toolbar and you can decide which data you want to actually be displayed by clicking the “T”.TWBFOXhNAgkGfOL7SWEJCQ.png

Currently our data import size limit is 2MB. Please let me know if you are attempting to import a file that size or larger! If replacing the data set doesn't resolve the issue and the data doesn't exceed 2MB please let me know here. 

This feels broken or like a missing feature. If I select my dataset that I've tied to my  Lucidchart (which automatically refreshes every 30s)  I should NOT have to manually refresh the smart container. When will this get fixed? I now cannot use smart containers due to this missing feature.

Hi Isaac

Thanks for your post and I apologize for the frustrating experience. To echo my colleague it is currently required to manually Refresh Dataset to update the Google Sheet data for your Smart Containers. The best way to get new features implemented is to submit feedback to our product engineers by sharing in the Product Feedback space of this community.

Thanks again for taking the time to submit feedback that helps us build a better product.

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!