New feature

Introducing sticky note authors 🖊️

• 30 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You asked for it and we heard you đź‘‚ You can now see authors for sticky notes in Lucidchart Lucidspark and Team Spaces!

Keep track of ideas by enabling authors for the entire document or on specific sticky notes. To learn how check out our Collaborate in Lucid help center article.

How will sticky note authors improve your brainstorming sessions? Let us know in the comments!

Comments

Badge

If you copy a team mate’s note, make a change, then the note appears to be authored by your team mate!

Badge +1

This is a really bad change without the ability to turn off the collection of author names (and yes I know you can toggle off the display either at the global level or at the sticky note level) because it does not allow anonymous feedback which is a core of any group retro collaboration.

And Ricky Sullivan’s note about copying a team mate’s note is correct which further exasperates the problem (and yes you could hover over the name to see another team mate modified, but that’s not what is showcased on the board).

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Ricky Sullivan and @Rickajr, thank you for sharing your feedback on this thread!

As a workaround to collect anonymous feedback in a board, I would recommend generating a Guest Collaborator link  as guests are randomly assigned an Internet Animal name (more info about this here) and collaborators can remain anonymous - unless if they choose to edit their name. 

I saw that Rickajr also shared this feedback  in a separate post - I’ve gone head and converted that post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own. 

We encourage anyone else who’s interested in this to upvote that post and share any additional details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. For more information about how we manage feedback in this community, please take a look at this post:

We appreciate your willingness to provide your requests and feedback in the Lucid Community!

Badge +1

Thanks for the response Leianne - it’s not a great workaround because everyone would have to log out of their accounts - and sso is going to try and log them back in as part of the enterprise. It might work well if you were trying to get anonymous responses from users outside your company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @Morgan T. This is a great add-on! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thanks @Rickajr, I understand that workaround is not a perfect option and have shared this feedback with our development team. If you would like to share more details about this request, I encourage you share in the idea post that you created. Thank you! 

Badge

I don’t know how this was even released in this state. Having a “EDITED BY X” label would be the minimum fix here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Ricky Sullivan, thank you for commenting! It is possible to check when the sticky note was last modified and who actioned that. To do this, you can hover your cursor over the author of a sticky note and it will show a popup message with this information: 

If you have any additional ideas on what you’d like to see in this experiecne, I encourage you to add your thoughts to the Idea post that Rickajr created:

A designer on our UX team is also currently seeking feedback on this feature and we would love to hear your thoughts there too: 

Thank you in advance and please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

This is a really bad change without the ability to turn off the collection of author names (and yes I know you can toggle off the display either at the global level or at the sticky note level) because it does not allow anonymous feedback which is a core of any group retro collaboration.

And Ricky Sullivan’s note about copying a team mate’s note is correct which further exasperates the problem (and yes you could hover over the name to see another team mate modified, but that’s not what is showcased on the board).

agree with all of this. As a facilitator, most time we are building the board and our names stay on the post its making showing the authors useless. I’ve also noticed the experience is not consistent, sometimes the last author shown is the one who created the post it and not the person who wrote on the post it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@rvassilatos Thanks for continuing this thread! I wanted to share an exciting update with you, Privacy Mode for brainstorming is now live in Lucidspark! Privacy mode hides the authors and content of sticky notes until a brainstorming session has ended. Facilitators will have the option to reveal sticky note authors or keep ideas anonymous. To learn more about this feature, check out the Brainstorm with private mode in Lucidspark article from the Lucid Help Center and this community post!