Skip to main content

Need a Toggle to Disallow Collection of Sticky Note Authors in Lucidspark

Related products: Lucidspark

About 4 months ago Lucid introduced authors to sticky notes and the ability to display those authors. You can turn the displaying of the authors on/off at the sheet level or at the sticky note level. What you can’t do is turn off the collecting of authors which has a chilling affect on any retrospective or data collection where you’re trying to receive group feedback anonymously. 

Please generate a toggle that turns on/off the collecting of authorship.

Furthermore, just like a recording of a virtual meeting, there should be a warning message with acceptance - something like, “Your authorship will be collected for this sheet” - which if the user continues they’re agreeing that they are no longer anonymous and their actions are being captured. This will prevent a user setting up the board with the display of authorship turned off only to then turn it on later.

Hi @Rickajr 

This is a great recommendation for future enhancements to the Lucid development team.

This feature would ensure privacy in group feedback and retrospectives.

Could intake your request for a toggle to disallow the collection of sticky note authors in Lucid.

In the meantime, you can use a other options like by creating a separate board for anonymous feedback, where authorship collection is turned off entirely.

This way, users cannot accidentally turn on authorship collection.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Kindly add this as an idea out here - Product feedback | Community (lucid.co)

Hi @Rickajr, thanks for sharing your feedback about sticky note authors, and @Humas1985 for responding here. I can certainly understand how a toggle to completely switch off the author names for a board can be helpful. 

As a workaround, I would recommend generating a Guest Collaborator link  for boards where you would like anonymous input from your team - as guests are randomly assigned an Internet Animal name (more info about this here). 

However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

We appreciate your willingness to provide your requests and feedback in the Lucid Community!

Thanks for the response Humas and Leianne - I posted on the other thread but I’ll repeat it here - if you send out a guest link to your own enterprise team it’s not a great workaround because everyone would have to log out of their accounts to make this work - and sso is going to try and log them back in as part of the enterprise. It might work well if you were trying to get anonymous responses from users outside your company.

Hi @Rickajr, I have also commented this on the other thread but adding here for transparency - I have shared this additional feedback with our development team. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other additional details you’d like to add to this idea. Thank you! 

Hi! I wanted to let this thread know about this new post in our product feedback space, where @Zach Luker, a designer on our UX team, is actively looking into this. We’d love to see these insights, there, too!

@Humas1985 you say “In the meantime, you can use a other options like by creating a separate board for anonymous feedback, where authorship collection is turned off entirely.” How do you do this?

Hi @andrewpena - 

Please refer to the response from - 

As a workaround, I would recommend generating a Guest Collaborator link  for boards where you would like anonymous input from your team - as guests are randomly assigned an Internet Animal name (more info about this here). 

Regards