Skip to main content
Solved

Can I import a PDF into Lucid?

• 3 May 2017
  • 5 replies

Can I import a PDF file into Lucid?

Comments

Hi Sarah! Thanks for reaching out. You can drag and drop the PDF file into your Lucidchart document or use Insert > PDF. This will bring the PDF into Lucidchart as an embedded link with the first page of the PDF becoming the default thumbnail.

Hope this helps!

You ought better not to upload the 100+ pages long manuals to your project :) Nevertheless I'm bypassing this by converting every page of the pdf I need to import (they are usually 2-3 pages long so it's ok) to the image files. There are lots of soft allowing to do so automatically especially if you have Adobe Acrobat subscription. I don't have one so I use this https://w9.pdffiller.com it's cheaper a little for the same features

I've been working with PDF files for 5 years already and honestly I import it as PDF once in a blue moon. I'm used to converting it to the images. For me it's more convenient (but I can't claim that it'll be so for everybody). But it's really better not to upload plenty of pages at the same time (in 1 document I mean). There a lot of programs which you can use either for free or pay the subsription to do that. I personally use this one https://pdfliner.com/form_w_9 cause it's not complicated in use and you can quickly figure out how to work with it.

I added a PDF file with a flowchart to Blank diagram page of Lucidchart.  I cannot edit the texts on the imported flowchart.  Please guide me on how to work it out.  Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi James thanks for posting to this thread! Unfortunately we don't support editing of imported PDF files. If you want to import and edit a flowchart you could convert the PDF file into one of the file types that we do support. If the ability to import and edit PDF files is something you'd like to see supported in the future please share more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience  in the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own. For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.

I apologize for any inconvenience.