Solved

Embed a document with Links

• 16 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We have a react application and we are embedding lucid chart documents there. It works find until we click on other links. Imagine, I have a link within lucid chart to a different document. Once, I click on that link my expected behavior is to open that link within the iFrame but instead of that the link opens in the parent window. How can I control this behavior and open links within the iFrame ?  

icon

Best answer by Sylvia X 19 April 2024, 07:44

View original

Comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Sankalpa , thank you for contributing to the Lucid for Developers Community! We are looking into your question and will get back to you shortly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Sankalpa, thanks for your patience! Would you mind clarifying if the link is just a copy/paste of the URL of another Lucidchart document or is it a link that has been added to a shape (see this article for more info about links added to shapes)? Can you also confirm if what you’re looking to achieve is to have that link open within the iFrame?

By default, external links should open in the parent window but I will double check this with our API team and get back to you. 

Badge +1

Hello @Sylvia X,

Thank you for the response. What I am trying to do is add another Lucidchart diagram as a link to my parent diagram. I do this by adding it as a document. Then I activate the embed document for the parent diagram and display it in my React application. Then this parent diagram is displayed in my application within an iFrame. What I want to achieve is when I click the link of the parent diagram, it should open in the same iFrame.

I haven't found an alternative for this yet, but I found another workaround. I added the diagram into the parent diagram but on a different page. Then I removed the document link and added the page link. Then the page changes within the same iFrame. For the moment, it works, but it is a burden to have so many pages within one diagram.

I hope you understood my concern, and please ask me for further clarifications if needed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Sankalpa, thanks for clarifying that and great to hear you have a workaround (though not ideal)! Unfortunately, our internal team have confirmed that it’s not currently possible to open a document link within the same iFrame and it is expected that the document link will open in the parent window.

I apologize for any inconveniences this brings. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to support you in the meantime. 

Badge +1

Hello @Sylvia X,
Thank you for verifying that and appreciate your time spent on this matter.