Work Isn’t Saving ❓

• 14 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

If you have lost your documents or work please check out our Troubleshooting: Saving Help Center article . If you still have questions after reviewing the article comment them below! We'll be happy to respond and help you with any question or concern you have.  

Changes or Edits Not Saving ⏳

Note: Saving issues are often related to an unstable internet connection. You may want to look at your internet connection to confirm that this is not a factor. 

If you have not yet lost the work and your Lucidchart document continuously shows "saving" it is important that you do not close your document refresh your browser or restart your computer until your work is saved. To proceed with your work you can copy the content of your document to another Lucidchart document by following the steps listed in the Help Center article  mentioned above.

Coumba D 9 months ago

Hello Suleiry

Thanks for adding to this thread!

You are correct - documents are auto-saved on a regular basis. The information shared above does not refer to published documents.

Saving issues in Lucidchart and Lucidspark are rare and most of the time are due to an unstable internet connection.

We currently do not have a way to customize the auto-save feature. If this is something you would like to see in Lucidchart, please share this idea in our Product Feedback space to let our Product Managers know!

View original

Comments

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I was under the assumption that your work gets auto saved are you refering to publishing a lucid chart and saving it as a publish chart or just saving as you go. I thought that Lucid auto saves every few minutes. is there a place to set this setting time frame?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Suleiry

Thanks for adding to this thread!

You are correct - documents are auto-saved on a regular basis. The information shared above does not refer to published documents.

Saving issues in Lucidchart and Lucidspark are rare and most of the time are due to an unstable internet connection.

We currently do not have a way to customize the auto-save feature. If this is something you would like to see in Lucidchart, please share this idea in our Product Feedback space to let our Product Managers know!

Badge

I having continusly issues with the saving. Non of my documents is saving in the cloud. Documents which are shared with me or documents I created. This happens in different locations (internet providers) always the same issue. Other of the team don’t have the issues as well. They are on the same internet. Please can you help?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @triplesdata, thanks for adding to this thread! Could you try opening your document(s) in a Chrome incognito window. Doing so disables extensions and clears cache and cookies, which often improves performance. This may also help you identify an extension causing an issue with Lucid performance.

If the issue persists, can you please share a screenshot of the error message you’re receiving? I appreciate your help and patience!