Skip to main content

Hi, I'd like to visualize the structure of my Google Drive folders as a folder tree. Is there a way to do that in Lucidchart? Or a work around like for example by syncing my Google Drive to OS X first; creating a csv file from an OS X folder structure first and then import that data from a google spreadsheet or ANY OTHER WAY ;) 

Thanks for your help!

Hi Oliver

Thanks for reaching out on the Lucid community! There is no automated way to do what you are describing but there are multiple routes that you could take to obtain a visualization of your folder structure.

1.  You could manually build the structure using any number of Lucidchart templates as a starting place (including a mind map or even just a simple flowchart)
  2. You could use our org chart feature. This feature is intended for organizations to chart their employee reporting structure but you could use it to auto-format your data with some modifications.

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience posted in the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own. For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.

Hope this helps!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!