Skip to main content
Solved

Using Lucid dynamic table to pull in jira cards

• 8 August 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi, I’m trying to create a dynamic table in lucidspark that will allow me to organize jira issues/cards by sprint and epic. 

When I input my JQL query I am able to see all of the issues returned, but when the cards are created in the table the Sprint value is blank for all issues that are in a completed sprint. Is it possible to have the sprint value pulled in from jira regardless if the sprint is completed or not?

Hi @ekoontz 

Please review the response below and let me know if it addresses your question

Supported system fields for Jira integrations in Lucidspark | Community

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Hi @Humas1985 , thanks for the reply! I don’t need the sprint value displayed on the card itself. Instead I’m trying to get the sprint value set in Jira to pull into the card details. Right now when I sync Jira issues into Lucid the card detail only displays a sprint value if the Jira sprint hasn’t been completed yet.

@ekoontz thanks for the insight, it helps.

Can you try to refine your JQL query to encompass issues from completed sprints by adding specific parameters.

For instance, use "project = YourProject AND sprint in closedSprints()" or "project = YourProject AND statusCategory != Closed".

Then, test the revised query directly in Jira to ensure it yields the desired outcomes, confirming its effectiveness.

Regards

Hi @Humas1985 I limited my JQL query to include issues only from completed sprints. Now none of the JIRA card details imported into the dynamic table have a sprint value defined. 

HI @ekoontz - Thank you for the information. I'll investigate further to understand the possible cause and will get back.

Hi @ekoontz and @Humas1985

Thanks for posting! 

Indeed, the sprint value will be pulled in from Jira only if the sprint is uncompleted, as Lucid currently only supports the "open sprints". 

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you would like to see this feature integrated in the future,  please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any other questions!