Skip to main content

You let us know you wanted the ability to right-click to paste content in addition to using keyboard shortcuts. And we heard you.

As of this morning you can copy and paste content using right click on your mouse. Here’s how:

1. Right-click an object and select Copy.

2. Right-click anywhere on the canvas and select Paste.

3. In the window that appears select Allow to give Lucid.app permission to see text and images copied to the clipboard.

• This functionality works in Lucidchart and Lucidspark but you will only need to grant permission once.

Please note this feature is not currently available in Firefox.

Special shoutout to the users who shared this feedback with us. We appreciate you! 

@angelina c101 @zara

Be sure to upvote this post to increase the chances others are able to quickly find and see it and follow up in the comments with any questions you have about this functionality.

This does not work for me even after allowing access to the clipboard. I copy some text in Notepad then attempt to paste it into Lucidchart and nothing happens whether I right-click use the menu or do the keyboard shortcut. Browser is Chrome.

In fact cutting/copying and pasting in general doesn't seem to be working. If I copy an element on one page I cannot paste it to another page. Is this behavior (or lack thereof) intentional?

Hi Patrick

This is very unusual and shouldn't be happening. Just to make sure we are on the same page the expected functionality is that you should be able to use both the keyboard shortcut and right click paste to paste any text or shapes from your clipboard into Lucidchart.Β 

I'd be glad to take a closer look. So that I can support you could you try a few of the following things?

• Opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause
  • Connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)
  • Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window please see this community post.
  • Additionally can you try copying and pasting into word editor (eg Google Docs) to clear any text formatting before pasting into your Lucidchart document?

Thank you so much for your continued help and patience with this issue. Hopefully we can get it resolved soon so that you can continue with your projects!

The inability to copy/paste using right click or Ctrl+c and Ctrl+V stopped working as soon as I granted the permission for lucid chart to see text and images the clipboard.  This is very frustrating and I don't want to use the application anymore without the ability to quickly cut and paste within the application.

Not working for me either (OSX / Chrome) either via keyboard or mouse.  

Hi Adam thanks for continuing this thread and apologies for the trouble! Can you please try the troubleshooting steps listed in Addie's pinned comment above and let us know if the issue persists after doing so? Thanks for your help and patience!

I'm unable to copy and paste as well.  I tried in an incognito browser per Addie's message and copy and paste works there but not in a normal browser.   Is there a fix for normal browser windows?  

Hi @dawne r thanks for reaching out! If your issue is no longer occurring with an incognito window this means that it was likely caused by cookie or browser extension interference. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies in a regular browsing session and try again? If the issue persists I recommend disabling your extensions one by one until you determine which extension is causing the issue.

Please let me know if neither of these help!

That was it!  I removed the last extension and it's working as expected.  Thank you!!  

Hi @dawne r thanks for the update! Glad to hear that removing the extension helped resolve the issue. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. Cheers! :)