Solved

use reference diagram

• 1 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

similar to a master-page, is it possible to REFERENCE another diagram into the current page … possibly more than 1 at a time. I attempted this with a master-page to no avail, beyond the first.

The use-case:

1. create a new page from a template that has a master-page with a border and title-block​​​​​​​
  2. create a new page with an architecture framework that will be used that will be referenced by all architecture diagrams for consistency
  3. create a page, reference the titleblock master page for the border, etc.
  4. then reference the architecture framework page as background for teh new diagram
  5. draw the new diagram

i attempted this by creating 2 master-page, and attempting to reference them both in the 3rd page. the latter replaced the former.

in CAD we often reference other models (components) into the current (like an assembly) that maintains live referential image for any updates or changes in the models (components) and thus provides visual impact in the overall assembly. Similiar with PCB and electrical components in electronic design.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Kelsey Gaag 2 April 2024, 18:13

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @john.a.lopez

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Unfortunately, you can only reference one Master Page in your document. I would recommend combining the border page with the architecture framework page to create a Master Page. This way you can have both available to apply to your document.

We also are continuously looking for ways to improve our products and your input is the most effective way to achieve that goal. You can post this as an idea and it will be shared with our Product Development team for consideration. 

To do this first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439

Please let me know if you have any questions!