Skip to main content

I am creating custom shapes libraries, I create the shapes from a group of existing shapes.

When I use the shape, I can’t add a link to it. I need to go inside the group to add the link to on of the sub shapes.

When on want to click the link they need also open the group and then find the subshape with the link.

So my question is how can I create a library of shape that behave like the shapes provided by default where one can add a URL directly to the custom shape?

Hi @svdh, thanks for your post! 

What you are describing is the expected behaviour: When adding grouped shapes to a custom shape library, they are saved as a group instead of a sigle shape. Since it is not possible to add links to groups, you will need to enter the custom shape group to link an individual shape within the group instead. 

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439 

Regarding users’ ability to click on the link: My guess is that you are referring to the link preview, which might make it seem like users are entering the group, even though this is actually the behaviour for any linked shape. See below a comparison between a linked shape within a group and a linked shape that is not part of a group: 

Hope this helps!

Thanks Eric,

So I guess to make custom shapes that behave like the default shapes provided by lucid the only option is to do it via hjson https://developer.lucid.co/custom-shapes/#getting-started

This is a lot of work for users. It would be preferred to have a graphical way to do it.

In the editor, you can also upload SVGs and Visio Stencils as custom shapes, as described in this section of the Shape Libraries Help Center article. Additionally, the flex polygon shape is a great way to customize shapes.

If you would like to see additional capabilities added for custom shape creation (such as groups in shape libraries being treated as one shape instead), we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439