Skip to main content

In Lucidchart, is it possible to split the inside of a box as per attached picture MVM8OstzR7Hoe95T3WaFpg.jpg

Hi Mohmmad

Thanks for your post. There isn't a direct way to split a box like that but you could put several boxes next to each other and group them.

If you’d like to raise this with our product team, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience posted in the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own. For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.

Please let us know if you have any questions on this.

What about slicing a circle? I am aiming at making a Rose diagram so it would require slicing a circle with other inner circles and as a pizza :)

Hi Diego!

Thanks for posting in the Community! We love hearing about how you are using Lucidchart and are happy to help - here's a few ideas to get you started:

1. Import a custom shape or insert an image

If you find a Rose diagram you like you can insert it into your diagram as a custom shape! For more information on custom shape libraries please review this Help Center article.

1viQxlbBXiLdYQ2E7YWO7g.gif

You can also insert an image of a Rose diagram by navigating to the toolbar selecting Insert > Image.

2. Use circles and lines to create a Rose diagram!

Some users prefer to create their own shapes - the possibilities are endless! If you prefer to custom create your own you can do this by:

A. Using the circle shape to create layered circles of various sizes for a Rose diagram.

Dt04lHzrhi6w0w5I413YVA.gif

B. Use lines to divide your circular diagram to create a Rose diagram. You can drag out a line reshape the line and customize the end points to your preferences. 

fZQv7f1C31Wq_nSpRSlq8g.gif

If you do decide to create your own Rose diagram check out this post about how you can export this group of shapes as an image for improved capabilities! 

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Addie 

Thank you!! That was really helpful. I can certainly get what I need following your second point. I am struggling to see how I can paint in a different color each of the inner sections. I am pretty new with Lucid so my apologies in advance if this is obvious :)

Hi Deigo 

Thanks for the response and for your follow-up question! If you'd like each shape to be a different color you can individually select the fill color for your shapes by:

1. Select the specific shape

2. Navigate to the fill color icon in the toolbar

3. Select your desired fill color

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks Addie what I meant is each section. For example if you slice the circles with lines you will have each slice. To compose a Rose diagram it is important to color each inner section differently but your example is to color the full shape which is not enough.

Hi Diego thanks for sharing that example! Styling your diagram in this way would require each segment that is a different color to be a separate shape entirely. It's not possible to have one shape - in this example one wedge - be filled with multiple colors. I believe the best path forward in this case would be to layer differently colored shapes to create a similar effect - I've demonstrated a simple example of this in the GIF below:

BQ7atESadAc2ZTl3yA_lcQ.gif

Please let me know if you have additional questions. If you'd like to share a request for a rose diagram template like in your example above we highly value customer feedback and would love to learn more about your use case posted in the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own.

Thank you!