Skip to main content

As an user
I want to show or hide objects based on Conditional Formatting
So that I can create more powerful dynamic diagrams

Currently I can for example set a background color based on the Conditional Formatting but I cannot set a foreground color (e.g. to white along with setting background color to white to make the element disappear).

But I would actually want a different option in the Shape Style - next to Icons Shape Style Dynamic Formatting… I'd like to see a Visibility option to simply toggle Show/Hide.

Hi there

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community. I see that you have submitted a ticket to our Support Team and I will let you work with them directly to ensure your question is answered effectively. I will continue to post information about this issue as it is made available to me. 

Feel free to ask any additional questions here I would be happy to help. Cheers!

I'm looking for this functionality as well. Any official update on this question?

Hello Martijn

Thanks for adding to this thread!

Everything that you can do with the conditional formatting feature is detailed here: Add conditional formatting in Lucidchart

At this time you can select from three formatting options: Shape style Icons or Dynamic Shapes. For more details on what you can do with those please refer to Select your formatting.

If you would like to submit a feature request please feel free to do in our Product Feedback section. As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and we pass that information directly to our product development team.

If you are interested in knowing what happens after you've submitted a feature request please take some time to review this Community post.

I also wanted to share that hiding a shape is possible using our Actions feature. This won't happen automatically like with conditional formatting but it could still help with continuing your work. 

Let me know if you have any questions!