Solved

Setting to turn off automatic line and shape creation suggestion

• 13 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Ever since this went live it’s been a thorn in my side, how do I turn this feature off?  Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Humas1985 13 May 2024, 19:20

View original

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@jcsacto I’m a PM here at Lucidchart and wanted to add my thanks to the team’s for your feedback! We will consider this moving forward.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @jcsacto 

You can disable automatic line connections by toggling Line Connections off in File > Page Settings > Line Settings. Clicking on this will stop lines from automatically making connections

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Badge +1

Thank you for the quick response.  I don’t see a Page Settings menu option in my file?  I see Document Settings and a Line Connections toggle but that removes too much functionality.  I still want the dots to show to connect the elements, I just don’t want it to do that thing where it tries to predict the next Shape? 

Badge

Automatic line and shape prediction has complicated the ability to create custom flow charts with multiple shape types.  Turning it on and off would be a benefit

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @jcsacto, thanks for posting in the community and sharing your thoughts with us. @Humas1985 is exactly right, there currently isn’t a way to disable these predictions - but, we do love to hear your feedback on our new features! Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if your idea has already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this type of feedback yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @jcsacto - Thanks for adding clear data points.

We don't have a dedicated setting to disable just auto-shape prediction at this time.

However we will take second opinion from Super supporters and if possible, we can add this as an idea for future enhancements.

CC: @Addie - Can you please take your time to confirm on this ?

Regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @dthompson mowctx 

Thanks for sharing your opinion! 

As mentioned previously by @Addie, you can post new ideas in the Lucid Community and these ideas will be shared with our Product Development team for consideration. Before sharing your idea, please explore our community to find existing suggestions. Upvote or comment to voice your support, as all feedback is channeled through our community.

Cheers!