Skip to main content
Solved

Rotating a Spline (Custom Line) in Lucidchart

• 10 May 2018
  • 3 replies

I have no problem creating a custom-shaped line (i.e. spline) and can copy-paste within diagrams.

However when I try to use the Shape tool to flip or rotate it (either would work) ... apparently that's not an option.

Is this a bug? For all other drafting packages I have used that's a rudimentary feature that they all support.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to do this. If all else fails I'll cut/paste from a different application.  :(

CK(1)

Hi Chris 

Thanks for posting in the community! You should be able to rotate a line in Lucidchart by clicking and holding on to an endpoint and then rotating as needed.

We don't currently support a "Flip" button for lines however we're always eager to hear new ideas for our product. 

If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience posted in the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own.

For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.

I tried that and all that does is move the endpoint around by making the line jagged instead of straight.  Hard to believe that one can't create a simple diagonal line in Lucidchart.

Hey Michael

Have you formatted your line to be straight? The default setting for line shape in a new document is Elbow which means that your lines’ directions will correspond with the background grid of your canvas and only bend at 90˚ angles.

To make the line straight follow these steps:

1. Select a line or click on your canvas background.

2. Click the “Line Options” icon in the Properties bar indicated by an arrowed line. A window will appear displaying the available line shapes:

3. Select the straight line. This should prevent your line from becoming jagged. If that doesn't do the trick please let me know!